Tuesday 13 September 2011

Forerunner 610

Forerunner 610. Next up on my list of likes is the 610’s versatility. While it’s primarily designed to track your runs, Forerunner 610 also has a bike mode and is compatible with our speed/cadence sensor. In the heat of the summer, I find myself on two wheels as much as on two feet, so it’s great to know I can use the same device for either activity. Like last week’s “hot lunch” ride with Jake. It was sort of a game-time decision to ride and my Edge 800 wasn’t at hand, but my 610 always is. Or a recent ride on a nearby trail with my son. While we didn’t care about speed or heart rate on a leisurely ride, knowing our distance was of utmost importance to a 9-year-old. I also use the 610 for my indoor workouts to track my time, heart rate and calories burned so I can store it all in Garmin Connect. And once the days get shorter and dark mornings force me to log some miles indoors on the treadmill, I’ll still be able to track every mile and minute with the 610 because it pairs with my foot pod. If you have an older Forerunner model and are looking for a good reason to part with your faithful friend, don’t forget about our trade-in offer. From now until Aug. 31, you can get $50 back when you buy a new Forerunner at your specialty fitness retailer and trade in your old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post